Getin2it is a diversionary community based project for young people across Burntwood & Lichfield and is delivered by Lichfield District Council’s Active Lichfield team.
The project delivers positive activities and youth work for young people aged from 7 to 25 years. These activities not only act as a diversionary tool to reduce anti-social behaviour and crime, but also helps to support a healthier lifestyle and promote physical activity.
The project works to promote community cohesion and aims to break down barriers between young people and community members, as well as getting more young people involved in supporting community events.
Getin2it for young people delivers activities that are open to all young people aged from 7 to 25 years across the district. We also take individual case referrals from local partners, such as the police and Staffordshire Youth and Community Services. We also accept self-referrals.
Young people can get involved in activities, such as trampolining, streetcheer, boxing and multi sports. They may also get the chance to work towards coaching qualifications and accreditation, including Sports Leaders Awards as well as StreetGames Activator Courses through our volunteering programme.
• To receive appropriate referrals of young people who are engaging in, or on the fringes of, anti-social behaviour.
• Young people already engaged in, or on the fringes of, anti-social behaviour become engaged in positive alternative activities.
• Participants maintain active participation in physical activity once engaged.
• The project secures the involvement of young people from the wards with the highest levels of anti-social behaviour in the district.
• Seventy young people a year have increased levels of participation in sport and physical activity.